Tuesday, December 20, 2011

38 weeks


Yesterday’s appointment went really well. My mom was able to come with me, this is will be her first grandchild—it’s pretty exciting :) I’m 50% effaced now so things are moving forward. I haven’t had a single contraction yet, not even a Braxton Hicks, I wish they would start. I’m very motivated to have our baby.

Specific to CP

There was an interesting suggestion at my appointment yesterday, to become induced for the sake of my legs and joints. As you know, if you’ve read my last few posts, I’ve been experiencing increased pain and mobility issues. My OB has been very respectful of my delivery choices so I know that she isn’t trying to pressure me into doing something that I would feel uncomfortable with. It was just a suggestion to get me on the road to recovery sooner. Matt and I have been very cautious not to seek unnecessary interventions, but I decided to talk to him about it and we decided it was something to consider. My next appointment will be in a week and a half due to the holidays, I’ll be 39.5 weeks. I’m really hoping our little Angel will come on his own before then, so we don't have to face the chioce.

---                       

I’m so excited to become a mother! I don’t want anything more than this. After 10 years of fearing it would be denied me, 2 years of preparing and proving medically that I could do it, and 9 months of pregnancy, it’s about to happen. Finally.

3 comments:

  1. yay so happy for you cant wait to see pics hope he coms soon to get rid of some of that pain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how induction would be beneficial. My first two were induced. The third, my blood pressure had spiked, and I had gone stiff as a board in my legs, so we went to the hospital to find out I was having contractions. If you do start having contractions on your own, do labor on your own, that could make getting to the hospital, and settled a lot more complicated with your spasticity! Especially if you are ALREADY having annoying issues with pain and mobility.

    I am sure you will do what you feel is the right thing for you! I wish you with a soon and speedy delivery! My thoughts and prayers are with all 3 of you! Go Mommy, Go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an angel. I am glad to have a strong friend like you. I pray for you every day. Your posts give me strength. If you can do it I can too. You have a lot more to deal with. You don't pitty yourself either, you are strong in so many ways, and I admire that about you. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete